There are three elections scheduled in 2024. The upcoming Presidential election year starts with a Preference Primary, where partisan voters in Florida will decide their Presidential candidate nominee. This is a closed Primary election for registered Democrats and Republicans only. What is a Presidential Preference Primary? A full explanation is below!
2024 Election Schedule
- Presidential Preference Primary: March 19, 2024
- Primary Election: August 20, 2024
- General Election: November 5, 2024
ON THE BALLOT IN 2024
There are many Federal, state, multi-county, county and local offices up for election in 2024.
- United States President and Vice President
- United States Senator
- United States Representative, District 6
STATE & MULTI-COUNTY OFFICES
- State Senator, District 7
- State Representative, District 19
- State Attorney
- Public Defender
- Retention of Supreme Court Justices and 5th District Court of Appeal Judges, whose terms expire
- Retention of Circuit 7 Court Judges, whose terms expire, group numbers: 1, 8, 9, 12, 15, 16, 21
- County Court Judge, Group 1
- County Commissioners, Districts 1, 3, 5
- Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller
- Tax Collector
- Property Appraiser
- Supervisor of Elections
- School Board Members, Districts 3, 5
- East Flagler Mosquito Control, Seats 1, 2, 3
- Deer Run CDD, Seats 3, 4, 5
- Dunes CDD, Seats 2, 3, 4
- Grand Haven CDD, Seats 2, 3, 4
- Tomoka CDD, Seats 1, 2
- Town Center of Palm Coast CDD, Seats 2, 4, 5
- City of Flagler Beach: Mayor and 1 City Commissioner
- City of Palm Coast: Mayor and Council Members, Districts 1, 3
- Town of Beverly Beach: 2 Town Commissioners
View Local Candidates
Presidential Preference Primary
Attention voters: Florida is a closed primary state
If you are registered with no party affiliation or a minor party, you will not receive a ballot with Presidential candidates. This is a closed Primary for registered Democrat and Republican voters only.
Election Day: March 19, 2024
Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Deadline for party changes and new registrations: February 20, 2024
- If you are registered as a Republican, you will vote a Republican ballot.
- If you are registered as a Democrat, you will vote a Democratic ballot.
- All registered voters who reside in the City of Bunnell or the City of Flagler Beach, regardless of political party affiliation, may vote for their City Commissioners and any City Charter amendment items, as applicable.
Register and Vote!
Prepare now to be Election Ready! Registering to vote or updating your voter registration is easy, there are many online resources available here on this website. Register to vote or update your voter registration using Florida's Online Voter Registration system. You may also complete the paper Florida Voter Registration Application form and deliver or mail it to the Elections Office.
Florida Voter Registration Application
Solicitud de inscripción de votante de Florida
Vote by mail information:
Any registered voter may choose to Vote-By-Mail. The deadline to request a Vote-By-Mail ballot is March 8, 2024, at 5:00 p.m. Vote-by-Mail ballots must be received in the Elections Office no later than 7:00 p.m. on Election Day, March 19, 2024. Voters may place a request for a mail ballot by phone, (386) 313-4170 or online: Request a mail ballot.
Any registered and eligible voter may vote early in this election. Early voting will be held March 9 - March 16, 2024 from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. at four locations in Flagler County.
More information: Early Voting in Flagler County
What is the Presidential Preference Primary Election?
The Presidential Preference Primary Election is a unique Primary Election, held only during Presidential election cycles, every four years. This is the first step in which Florida voters will begin the process of electing the United States President.
Some states hold the same type of Presidential Preference Primary Election; others hold caucuses and a few states have a combination of both. The Presidential Primary or caucus is held in every state in the United States between January and June of a Presidential election year.
These are considered to be "indirect elections,” which means the results in each state help determine how many delegates each political party’s national convention will receive from their respective state. The delegates of each political party will select their Presidential nominee. The official nomination of each party candidate for United States President will be announced at their respective conventions. The conventions for each political party will be held during the summer of 2024.
The candidates nominated by each political party will appear on the General Election ballot in each state in the United States. This General Election for U.S. President will be held on November 5, 2024. in Flagler County, this election will also include many other Federal, state, multi-county, judicial, county and ,local offices up for election. Make sure your voice is heard! One vote can make a difference, be election ready in 2024.